Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Wait, We Actually Have To Do Work!?

Hey guys!

Sorry it's been a few days since I last posted. This is actually going to be a short post because I have class in an hour! Ugh.

The rest of the weekend was fun. Sunday, not much happened, except that the girls went grocery shopping and I ended up making dinner for the entire flat. Pesto pasta, pasta with red sauce, and 16 chicken cutlets. It's one thing to go shopping for snacks at a grocery store, but this time it was harder because I needed things like flour and breading, both of which were weird items to purchase. First, because the flour didn't say flour it said bread-something, and they only had one kind of breading that was in a tiny little box on the last shelf of an isle. It REALLY made me miss home.

We all bonded over dinner and everyone was happy and we all went to sleep to wake up the next morning and have... *GASP*.... class! My first professor was this 35 year old English guy who owns his own marketing firm, so he seems nice. My second one was older but very enthusiastic about international trade. The down side? They get VERY boring after 3 full hours of class. The accents stop making it fun after about a half hour or so.

Today I had British Life and Culture which was absolutely fascinating. We got a whole explanation on not just England, but Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales. I was surprised at how little I really know about it all.

Anyway, I'm starting to get sick so I've been sleeping as much as possible. It costs 50 pounds to go to the doctor so I'm just throwing back vitamin C and sudafed and I'm not going to go out tonight with the rest of the flat.

In other news, we found a new pub last night and we met some pretty funny guys there. I walked in and one of them looked at me and said "Oy, I was waiting for you! Why were you so late!?" It was pretty funny. The bartender is American but he's only going to be in England for another 8 days and then he's off to Florida. We made friends with him, so we're going to go back to the pub on Sunday so go to his going away party. Should be fun.

Anyway, I gotta run. ANOTHER 3 hour long class... LAME.

FUN FACT! Princess Diana isn't from Wales. Neither was her husband. The last real Prince of Wales died in the 1200's. It's just to make them feel included. But you know who IS from Wales? Catherine Zeta Jones. I didn't know that either.

Love,

Miriam

No comments: